Thursday, March 23, 2017

Get NZ Writing Initiative

Room 2 participated in a countrywide initiative from Warehouse Stationary. We had to complete a poster about who we are, draw a map of our classroom, write a poem and colour the postcards that created a poster. We all loved doing our bit and was super excited to post our special parcel to Nelson, on the South Island. 



After 2 weeks of waiting, Evergreen School, sent us a parcel with everything they completed. See the photos below. 



We looked on Google Map where Nelson was. We are so happy to be able to connect with people so far from us, and yet we have so much in common.

5 comments:

  1. This looks great Room 2!! Great to see you connecting with another class in NZ. I wonder if they have ever been to auckland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea Room 2. I bet it was exciting to receive a parcel from Nelson. Nelson is a beautiful city with the sea and beaches near the city and mountains to ski on a short drive away. I hope you get to go there one day.

    Mrs Burt
    Manaiakalani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jigsaw poster you put together. "Talk with people who help you see the world differently" . When I went to school my favourite place was the swimming pool. When it was really hot I could cool down. Good on you Room 2 - Keep Connecting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morena Room 2,
    What an exciting initiative to be a part of. It's great to get REAL mail, especially a parcel to open! Had any of you been to Nelson before? I have been to Nelson and like Dorothy, I think it is a beautiful city. I live in Whangarei and like Nelson one of the best things about where I live is the beach! Like you, we have lovely parks in Whangarei too but no motorway! Keep up the great sharing on your blog.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there my name is Kaira and I am student at Ohaeawai primary school.I really like how you used clay and playdough. It made me think about doing more art. If you would like to view my Learning my
    Blog is https://room5and6ohaeawai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete